There are lots of people that love having fake eyelashes or lash extensions in San Diego, but a common problem is that there is just not enough time to apply them. While there are many ways to reduce time spent on eyelash application, some work and some don’t. To help you save time, here are the top 6 tips to try:
- Build your core strength. When you have a strong core, you will need to take less breaks to relax, especially if you have to learn a lot. By consciously sitting up straight and taking a few minutes each day to work on your abdominal strength, you will notice a difference in how much longer you can work for.
- Don’t cheap out on the chair, table, and lighting. Take the time to shop around for a perfect fit for you, as you will be frequently using this chair. Also keep in mind that your knees should not be above your hips when sitting, and the table should be the height of your breastbone while sitting. Finally, light is one of the most important parts of lash services, so invest in a quality light!
- Practice calming exercises or meditation. By being present in the moment and breathing deeply, you will experience less distracting thoughts which will allow you to work more efficiently. Rather than focusing on the end goal, pay attention to the moment.
- Always have a backup plan. It is important to always have a spare set of tools with you that are ready to go incase you drop or break your main set. This way, if something happens you can pick up the backup tool and keep going rather than wasting time trying to fix or clean another tool.
- Use sound cues to tell the time. Sound is a great prompt for time that allows you to know how much time has passed without breaking stride to check. Learn the routine sounds of your environment and they can cue you to what time it may be.
- Do prep work. Spend one hour per week making volume fans to have ready to go so that you can stay on time while applying lashes. Just make sure to use only a small amount of glue as they will be dipped again.
Try out these 6 tips from Andrea Mills from This Lash Life for cutting down your lash time and watch your speed increase every day!